“If it had not been the Lord who was on our side, now may Israel say; If it had not been the Lord who was on our side, when men rose up against us:” (Psalms 124:1-2 KJV).
Dearly beloved and friends ,surviving this year thus far, has been only by God’s grace and mercy. It is not because of your skills, know how intelligence, connections or position (Romans 9:15-16).
Some who were better and more privileged than you,have gone to away from the earth. Please just give praise to the Lord. Hallelujah (Psalm 34:1-4)!
Why must you thank and praise the Lord?
- There is just a step between you and death; but the Almighty God preserves your life daily.
- You are not locked up in a prison cell or detention camp, but you move around freely.
- Your throat and digestive systems did not reject food, but make you get fresher by the day.
- You can speak and people can hear and understand you; your brain is functioning.
- The arrows of wickedness keep returning to your enemies, thank God for deliverance.
Examples of those, the Lord delivered :
- Lot: Delivered from destruction (Gen.19:16).
- Israel: Delivered from Egypt (Exodus 14:29).
- Job: God turned his captivity (Job 42:12-17).
- Widow of Zarephath: Delivered her and son from imminent death (1 Kings 17:10-15).
- YOU: God is so good to you, no matter what, count your blessings…… (Psalms 92:1-2).
What to do:On a daily basis:
- Always thank God for each new day.
- Daily commit your ways into His hands.
- Exercise your faith and confidence in Him.
- Joyfully tell others about His faithfulness.
- Believe God for a better & greater tomorrow.
Prayer Points:In Jesus name.
- Father, thank You for showing me mercy.
- Father, You are the Man of war,thank You for fighting my battles for me,my Advocate.
- Father, as the year is coming to an end let my praises unto You increase by the day.
- Father, please don’t let me take Your grace and mercy for granted.
- For the rest of my life, let my whole life be an expression of Your praise amen.
YOUR TOMORROW SHALL BE ALRIGHT.
Pastor Tunji Adigun, THE FAMILY MENU Thursday 9,December 2021.
(To access the entire “The Family Menu” mini-series, please click here.)