This is different today. So let’s get started. All scriptures are from the NKJV Bible.
Some Things God Can’t Do:
1. Get tired: “Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable.” (Isaiah 40:28)
2. Takes on a job He can’t handle: “Ah, Lord God! Behold you have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for you.” (Jeremiah 32:17)
3. Be unholy: “And one cried to another and said: ‘Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory.'” (Isaiah 6:3)
4. Be prejudiced: “Then Peter opened his mouth and said, ‘In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. But in every nation whoever fears him and works righteousness is accepted by him.'” (Acts 10:34-35)
5. Break a promise: “If they break My statutes and do not keep My commandments then I will punish their transgressions with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.” (Psalm 89:31-32)
6. Remember sins He has ready forgiven: “I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins…” (Isaiah 43:25)
7. Make a loser: “Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.” (2 Corinthians 2:14)
8. Abandon you: “Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the one who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6)
9. Stop thinking about you: “How precious are your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; when I awake, I am still with you.” (Psalm 139:17-18)
10. Stop loving you: “The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying: ‘Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you.'” (Jeremiah 31:3)
See? There are things God can’t do. But when you really think about it, would you want Him too?
I don’t want Him to be able to do any of them. Especially number 10. I never want Him to stop loving me. I can’t do life without Him beside me every step of the way. God loves us and is with us always.
Do you want to live for God? I really hope so. The alternative is not something I want to experience or think about.
Kathy Keller Prayer Warrior, Volunteer, Answers2Prayer Ministries