“How are the mighty fallen, And the weapons of war perished!” (2 Samuel 1:27 KJV.)
Dearly beloved and friends, God wants the best for each and everyone of us but expects us to be humble with whatever privileges and opportunities He has gracefully given to us.
The issue with many of us is that we are quick to forget that we were nothing, but for the mercy and grace of God. We also forget that no position is permanent in life and so we must be careful how we handle others (See 1 Corinthians 15:10; Galatians 6:7).
Why do the mighty fall? Examples:
- Pride, lust and arrogance (See Proverbs 16:18) — For example, Samson
- Rebellion & disobedience (See 1 Samuel 15:22-23) — For example, King Saul
- Affront against God (See Acts 12:21-23) — For example, King Herod.
- Wickedness/stubbornness (See Exodus 14:30-31) — For example, Pharaoh.
- Revenge and hatred of others (See Esther 7:9-10) — For example, Haman
What to do to prevent falling from grace:
- Have the Lord as your Controller (See Genesis 17:1).
- Be dead to the works of darkness (See Colossians 3:1-6).
- Humble yourself & give God glory (See 1 Peter 5:6).
- Respect and help others (See Colossians 3:13).
- Watch, pray and be sober always (See 1 Peter 5:8).
Prayer Points: In Jesus name:
- Father thank You for Your loving kindness and benevolence unto us.
- Father please help us to humble ourselves and to honour You at all times.
- Father release Your grace upon us so we can be considerate of others around us.
- Father help us to positively impact all those who come our ways in life at all times.
- Father please don’t let us fall from grace to grass and help us to appreciate You always.
WATCH OUT! NO CONDITION IS PERMANENT.
Pastor Tunji Adigun.
THE FAMILY MENU Friday 4 February, 2022.