1. Wake Up – Decide to have a good day. “Today is the day the Lord hath made; let us rejoice & be glad in it” Psalms 118:24
2. Dress Up – The best way to dress up is to put on a smile. A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks. “The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at outward appearance but the Lord looks at the heart” I Sam 16:7
3. Shut Up – Say nice things & learn to listen. God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth so He must have meant for us to do twice as much listening as talking. “He who guards his lips guards his soul” Proverbs 13:3 “Gossip betrays confidence avoid men who talk too much” Proverbs 20:19 “Listen to advice, accept instruction and in the end, you will be wise” Proverbs 19:20
4. Stand Up – For what you believe in. Stand for something or you will fall for anything. “Let us not be weary in doing good; for at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good…” Galatians 6:9-10
5. Look Up – To the Lord. “I can do everything through Him who gives me strength” Philippians 4:13
6. Reach Up – For something higher. “…press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:14
7. Lift Up – Your Prayers. “Do not worry about anything; instead PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING” Philippians 4:6
These bits of wisdom were shared with me today and I thought I would share them with everyone I love and who loves God. So have a blessed day and remember the 7-ups of life.