“Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.” (Isaiah 43:18-19 KJV).
Dearly beloved and friends,it’s time to breath in fresh air,stop frustrating your spirit man dwelling in the regrets of the past.Listen real good:the past is past and confined to history.
Musing about errors of the past will only lead to depression,anger and sleeplessness.No one looks backwards and makes steady progress.
As we rapidly approach a new year,your spiritual and intellectual antenna must be properly tuned and positioned for positive things and excellent delivery (Philippians 4:8).
God will give you fresh air and do you good.
- “And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.” (Luke 9:62 KJV).
- “But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt.” (Genesis 19:26 KJV).
- “Now the just shall live by faith: But if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.” (Hebrews 10:38 KJV).
Why do people look back?
- Fear of retribution or backslash.
- Lack of faith in the Lord for newness.
- Unforgiveness or resentment.
- Pressure from society/comparison with others
- Lack of self confidence to forge ahead.
- Lot’s wife: Captured by worldly attractions of the past (Genesis 19:26).
- Jacob: Afraid of reprisals from Esau,whom he had supplanted earlier (Genesis 32:6-8).
- Demas: Loving the world more that the work of the ministry (2 Timothy 4:10).
- YOU: Looking back,slows down your journey in life,get focused on Jesus (Hebrews 12:2).
What to do:Trust in the Lord completely and let Him fix your future.
Personal-Go to the Lord in prayers,and ask for grace to boldly look ahead in faith.
GOD HATES BACK-SLIDING:STOP LOOKING BACK.
Pastor Tunji Adigun
THE FAMILY MENU Tuesday 14,December 2021.
(To access the entire “The Family Menu” mini-series, please click here.)