Modern medicine is wonderful, but there are some problems it cannot solve. Faith is altogether different. With faith, nothing is impossible! There are at least 5 problems modern medicine can’t solve (that your Faith can!):
● Depression: In the past, depression was described as an overwhelming feeling of helplessness and hopelessness. Today, modern medicine views depression as a mental illness to be treated with drugs, often for the rest of a person’s life.
In most cases, the old-fashioned description is accurate. Helplessness and hopelessness cannot be overcome by drugs. Faith is a much better “treatment.” There is no better source of hope and help than your Higher Power! The Lord can do what modern medicine cannot! Instead of depression, you can have hope, gratitude, and happiness.
● Addiction: These days, people are told that addiction is a disease. We are led to believe that even abstinence will never result in full recovery. With this viewpoint, individuals are pressured to believe they are disabled for life.
When you turn your life over to God, though, you can recover! You can be free of the desire for drugs and alcohol, but there is much more to it. You no longer need to live the life of an alcoholic or addict, because faith can lead to amazing changes in your life. When you allow your faith to take over, you can have a life that is worth living.
● Relationships: Problems can exist in any relationship. There is nothing modern medicine can do, but much can be accomplished through faith.
Whether your problem is with your spouse, child, or employer, you will see God’s love extends to that person as well as to yourself. You will realize how important the relationship is, and start to demonstrate more respect. You will be willing to communicate and resolve differences, instead of insisting on your own way. Even the most troubled relationships can be healed, and you can truly appreciate all the people in your life.
● Anxiety: Anxiety is often classified as a disorder, but it is usually based on fear. In most cases, these fears are irrational. Perhaps you have an attack of anxiety or panic in specific situations, or around certain people. These attacks can be overwhelming, and may even cause physical symptoms. Perhaps your anxiety is the result of too much stress and worry. Perhaps you are struggling with anxiety because you do not know what to expect in the future.
Whether rational or irrational, you do not need to live with anxiety. Fear and worry do not need to control your life. As the Bible says, “For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and of a sound mind.” (2 Tim. 1:7 NKJV). This statement alone can help you put your anxieties into perspective, and with faith they can disappear.
● Impossible Situations: You may be in a situation that seems to have no solution, no way out, and no chance of change. There may be people in your life who are encouraging you to give up altogether. Whether your situation is financial, a family matter, or health-related, you may be at the point of giving up.
This is when you must rely on your faith. The situation may not work out the way you wish, but it can work out. Not only can you dismiss loved ones who tell you it is impossible, your situation can work out despite the current facts. As an example, think of Abraham and Sarah. The facts were only temporary, but God’s promise was what mattered in the end. As the Bible says, “For nothing will be impossible with God.” (Luke 1:37 ESV). When you fill your heart and mind with faith, the impossible can indeed be possible!
The most important point to keep in mind: modern medicine is not perfect, but God is! Even the best doctors can fail. But faith will never let you down!