“This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us-whatever we ask-we know that we have what we asked of him.” (1 John 5:14-15)
HOW TO KNOW GOD’S WILL:
1. The Good, Acceptable, and Perfect Will of God – The Lord has an ideal plan for every individual’s life that will be found through prayer the scriptures and obedience. (Jer. 29:11) Our example for following 100% of the will of God is found in Jesus Christ in whom arc hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. (Col. 2:3)
2. Finding the will of God for you life will involve seeking Godly council trusting in the Lord with all your heart auld not relying on your own insight and being willing to do whatever the Holy Spirit wants you to do. (Prov.15:22,Prov.3:5,6,Johll 16:13)
3. One becomes more discerning of the finer aspects of the will of God through experienced in righteousness. (Heb. 5:14) One’s mind is gradually transformed through years of trust and obedience to the Lord sensitizing it to higher levels of the will of God. (Rom. 12:1 ~) God open reveals just enough of the w ill of God for our mind will and emotions to handle. (Psa.37:23)
4. The Bible reveals the will of God through its teaching. rebukes, corrections and training aspects so that we can be equipped for every good work. (2 Tim. 3:16 17) God gives various spiritual gifts to help channel us in the areas of His will that we will be most effective. (Eph. 4:11 12)
5. God uses the cooperative efforts of the people in His church to accomplish long lasting challenges in communities (Eph. 4:1 1-18) God will never give us more responsibilities than we are able to handle. (Lk. 16:10 )
HINDRANCES TO KNOWING GOD’S WILL
1. Failure to submit to the law of the Father. the love of Son of God and the liberties of the Holy Spirit. (James 4:1-4)
2. Unwillingness to confess and forsake all sins of omission sins of commission sins of disposition or sins of wrong assumptions. (Psa. 66:18)
3. Failure to spend quality time with Lord in your devotions asking God- to reveal every aspect of His will and His plans to you. (Psa. 143:8)
4. Failure to keep our eyes on Jesus instead of on circumstances or other people. Heb. 12:1-4)
5. Unwillingness to seek Godly council and to follow good advice. (Is. 1:1-5)
6. Associating oneself with bad Companions (I Cor. 15:33)
7. Lack of endurance (James 5:10)
8. Unwillingness to discipline yourself for the purpose of Godliness. (1Tim. 4:7 8)
9. Unwillingness to delight to test and to commit all of your ways to the Lord. (Psa. 3 7:3-5)
10. Unwillingness to undergo the apprenticeship that are necessary for discovering all of the will of God. (Merely being a hearer of the word without making applications principles.) (James 1:22)
11. Allowing yourself become discouraged by critics, circumstances or mistakes. (I Pct. 2:15)
12. Lack of commitment to Christ His church or His great commission (Matt. 22:19.
13. Failure to be led by the Spirit but choosing to be led by fleshly desires. impulses and subjective feelings. (Rom. 8:6-8)
14. Poor choice of priorities. (Matt. 4:19 20)
15. Failure to admit that we are all helpless to know the will of God with our own wisdom. God knows we are helpless without the inspiration illumination and teaching of the Holy Spirit. (Matt. 7:7)
16. Trying to compare yourself with others rather than following Jesus Christ.
17. Failure to take Up your cross daily and denying yourself (Luke 9:23 24)
18. Failure to put away the works of the flesh and put on the fruits of the Spirit or the characteristics of Jesus Christ. (Gal. 5:19-23)
19. Failure to rise above your difficult circumstances and trust God to work out all of the promises contained in (Romans 8:26-38).
20. Unwillingness to grow into all aspects into Christ. (Eph. 4:15 16)
21. Unwillingness to work in harmony with other Godly people. (2 Tim. 2:24-29) Failure to organize your prayer list your plans and your ministry objective. (Prov. 21:5)
PRINCIPLES IN FINDING GOD’S MAXIMUM WILL FOR YOU:
1. Surrender all of your rights to the Lord and be willing to learn by applying the scriptures. (John 7:17)
2. Get around Godly men and women and imitate their faith their examples. (Heb. 13:7)
3. Set aside at least 30 minutes every morning asking the Lord to guide you in every aspect of your day. (Psa. 143:8 Mark 1:35)
4. Create a prayer list that allows you to cover the essential things that God wants you to do. Sing praise to God worshipping Him while learning more about His attributes of His goodness truth and love before asking Him for anything.
5. Continually ask the Lord to teach His will in all situations and be ready to record and remember from Experience. (Eccl. 10:10)
6. Use the scripture as the chief authority for determining the will of God. (Psa. 1 19:105) Follow God’s priorities and not your own. (2 Pet. 1:3-8)
7. Do not be swayed by your emotions or the pressures of others. They do not know you or understand your perspectives. (Psa. 1:1-3)
8. Pray with thanksgiving while committing every aspects of your life to the Lord every aspect of y our life to Lord in your pursuit of 100% of His will.
9. Be willing to learn from your mistakes and do not grow weary in well doing or becoming frustrated, resentful or discouraged.(Gal. 6:6-10)
10. Be willing to accept rebukes corrections and advice from Godly people.
11. Be willing to be humble and put away your pride in seeking the will of God for the entire control of your life.
12. Do not be a sprinter but a marathon runner in the race of life. (I Cor. 9:24-27)
Results of Doing All of the Will of God – That you may prove by your thinking and emotions spirit and lifestyles you are conforming more to the image of Christ in every area of life. (Rom. 12)
Answers2Prayer Subscriber [email protected]
Appearing Saturday, September 21, 2002