“And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean.” .(Mark 1:41 KJV)
Dearly beloved and friends, compassion is that attribute that makes you have a sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or pains or misfortunes of others. I pray today, that the Lord God Almighty will show you great compassion and wipe away anything at all that is giving you, pains, concerns and sorrow:
- “and be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.” (Ephesians 4:32 KJV).
- “Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.” (Matthew 5:7 KJV).
- “I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.” (Acts 20:35 KJV).
Why should you be moved with compassion?
- Because of law of harvest, what you sow you will reap (See Luke 6:31).
- It guarantees blessing from God (See Matthew 5:7).
- It makes God to bless and reward you (See Matthew 25:40).
- It makes you fulfill the law of Christ (See Galatians 6:2)
Examples of those who showed compassion:
- Certain Samaritan: He helped a victim of robbery attack and paid his bills ( See Luke 10:33).
- David: He lifted Mephiboseth from Lo-Debar to the palace’s comfort (See 2 Samuel 9:7).
- Jesus Christ: Had compassion on multitude of people,everywhere He went (See Mark 6:34).
- YOU: Look around you, in your neighborhood or church or public health facilities, show someone compassion today (See Galatians 6:10).
Main Prayer Point: In Jesus name, amen: Father, help me to be compassionate at all times, don’t let me be weary of well doing.
SHOW MERCY TO RECEIVE MERCY.
Pastor Tunji Adigun.
THE FAMILY MENU Friday 16 September, 2022