“but truly as the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, there is but a step between me and death.”(1 Samuel 20:3c KJV)
Dearly beloved and friends, every man born on earth has the first breath and will also have the last breath. Incidentally, the persons concerned have no control over the situations: a newly born child has no control of when he comes to the world,and also to a very large extent no man knows exactly when he will breath his last (See Hebrews 9:27).
Let us ponder on these scriptures:
- “A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one’s birth.” (Ecclesiastes 7:1 KJV).
- “And he said, Behold now, I am old, I know not the day of my death:” (Genesis 27:2 KJV).
- “There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it.” (Ecclesiastes 8:8 KJV).
Why prepare for the last breath?
- It helps to take right decisions and settle with man and God ahead of time (See Ecclesiastes 12:1).
- It makes you focus on spiritual things and on helping others (See Matthew 25:36).
- It puts you on your toes to make your paths straight and even before God (See Hebrews 12:14).
- It enables you appreciate each day and to put your best into day (See Ps.90:12).
- It gives you complete humility (See Mark 8:36).
Examples of those who prepared:
- Jacob: He blessed all his children and thereafter gave up the ghost (See Genesis 49:33).
- David: Gave King Solomon,specific directives just before his death (See 1 Kings 2:1-4).
- Joshua: Charged the children of Israel about godliness before his departure (See Joshua 24:15).
- Hezekiah: Was asked to put his house in order so as to die peacefully (See Isaiah 38:1).
- YOU: What is your life about?Get ready to meet your Maker (See Haggai 1:5).
Main Prayer Point: In Jesus name:
Father, anytime You come for me, please make me ready and welcome me gladly into Thy Kingdom. Amen.
WE SHALL FINISH STRONG IN JESUS NAME.
Pastor Tunji Adigun
THE FAMILY MENU Wednesday 20 April 2022.