“Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? Declare, if thou hast understanding.” (Job 38:4 KJV).
Dearly beloved and friends, many a times we feel we can maneuver God in the way we raise arguments with Him or even “package” our prayers and petitions to Him (See Psalm 139:2).
Each time you fall into the booby traps of “maneuvering” God,remember these:
- “Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.” (Acts 15:18 KJV).
- “For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him……” (2 Chronicles 16:9a KJV).
- “Be not wise in thine own eyes: Fear the LORD, and depart from evil.” (Proverbs 3:7 KJV).
Examples of those who felt they could “outsmart” the Lord God Almighty:
- Adam: When he fell in the Garden of Eden;he threw the blame back to God thus “the woman Thou gavest to me ..”Genesis 3:12 KJV);
- King Saul: Arrogantly disobeyed God and thought he could bribe God with the strange and ill-acquired offerings (See 1 Samuel 15:9,15);
- Judas Iscariot: Sold Jesus Christ for 30pieces of silver ;and yet went to give Jesus a betrayal kiss, what a shame! (See Luke 22:48);
- YOU: You want to eat your cake and have it with God; don’t try it at all (see Psalm 26:2)
What to do:
- Surrender completely to Him, He knows you.
- Let your yea be yea and your nay be nay.
- Do all things to please Him wherever you go.
- Remember,God has your records.
Prayer Points: In Jesus name.
- Father, in whichever way I have taken Your love for granted,please have mercy on me.
- Father, help me to seek first Thy Kingdom and righteousness in all my doings.
- Father, please remove far from me the deception of the enemy and the evil of pride.
- Father, please order my steps that I may do Your will only anywhere I find myself.
COME CLEAN AND OPEN TO GOD.
Pastor Tunji Adigun.
THE FAMILY MENU Sunday 16,January 2022.