“Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” (1 Thessalonians 5:18 ESV)
“Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe.” (Hebrews 12:28 ESV)
I was thinking about what to write about today. I was actually thinking God was being really quiet. Then my glance went to a sign on my wall that says, “Grateful”. God said, “there you go. Take it and run!”
So here goes. Google defines grateful as, “Feeling or showing an appreciation of kindness; thankful.”
What do you have to grateful for? For me, I am a child of God for starters. That should be enough but it’s not all I’m grateful or thankful for.
- I am grateful God allowed me to wake up today. Of course, if I hadn’t I would be rejoicing in heaven right now and not be in this cold weather.
- I am grateful God gave me this apartment. It’s small but it’s big enough for me. It’s not the one I wanted but it’s the God knew I would need.
- I have a car that gets me from point A to B and back again. It may not look the best but it runs.
- I have food and clothes, although my clothes are getting a bit baggy on me.
- I am thankful that I finally found someone who diagnosed me correctly and put me on the meds to help to me lose weight.
- I am grateful Jesus died on the cross for us. Just think, if Jesus had been selfish and refused to suffer a horrible death for us, where would we be right now?
Those are just a few things I am grateful and thankful for. How about you? Start listing the things you are grateful for, then things could look a lot brighter.
Have a great day.
Writer and Prayer warrior with Answers2Prayer Ministries
If you would like to receive daily inspirational messages from Kathy Keller, click here and put “devotional” in the subject bar.